For the 2020 contest, the Autumn House staff serves as the preliminary readers, and the final judge is Dan Chaon. The winner receives publication of a full-length manuscript and $2,500. The submission period opens January 1, 2020, and closes June 30, 2020 (Eastern Time).
- The winners will receive book publication, $1,000 advance against royalties, and a $1,500 travel/publicity grant to promote their book.
- All finalists will be considered for publication
- Fiction submissions should be approximately 200-300 double-spaced pages (50,000-75,000 words)
- The reading fee for the Fiction Contest is $30
- All fiction sub-genres (short stories, short-shorts, novellas, or novels) or any combination of sub-genres are eligible
- Please don’t include your name anywhere on the actual MS
- Include a brief bio in the “cover letter” section of Submittable
- Feel free to include a TOC and acknowledgments page
- Simultaneous submissions permitted