For the 2021 contest, the Autumn House staff serves as the preliminary readers, and the final judge is Deesha Philyaw. The submission period opens January 15, 2021, and closes June 15, 2021 (Eastern Time). The winners will receive book publication, a $1,000 advance against royalties, and a $1,500 travel/publicity grant to promote their book.
- Fiction submissions should be approximately 200-300 double-spaced pages (50,000- 75,000 words)
- All fiction sub-genres (short stories, short-shorts, novellas, or novels) or any combination of sub-genres are eligible
- Feel free to include a table of contents
- Submission should be previously unpublished
- Please don’t include your name anywhere on the actual manuscript
- Simultaneous submissions permitted
- All finalists will be considered for publication